I’ve had a primary doctor for many years. I would like to keep this Doctor. The Doctor does take Healthnet, but for some reason Healthnet has an issue with their system and they can’t seem to find my primary care physician. I picked health insurance through Healthcare.gov a few months ago and it was a painful experience, although I finally was able to accomplish it. Here is my experience with Healthcare.gov. I picked Healthnet as they accepted my Doctor at the time I chose my insurance provider. I was told by my physician that Healthnet and my physician are trying to work it out. Now it is time to find a dermatologist in my area. It took me several phone calls, but I finally found one. The first few I called didn’t take Healthnet as an insurance provider. I finally found one that would take Healthnet, but they were booked 3 weeks out which is too long to wait. They are also 20 miles away. I kept searching and found a dermatologist in my area and they couldn’t take me in for 2 weeks so I badgered them a bit and I have an appointment in a couple of days. Why is it so hard to get health insurance and find a doctor? Have you run into problems like this? I guess if you have a major issue you go to the emergency room. Going to the emergency room is a whole other level of pain for another article.
I signed up for the healthcare.gov website and filled out the profile and picked a health insurance provider. This was a problematic process with the site having issues which I am sure you have heard about.
I picked Healthnet as my healthcare provider which has turned out to be a terrible mistake. I sent them a payment which cleared on April 15th. The check had my account number in the memo field. After the check cleared I received several automated calls requesting my payment from Healthnet. The automated call will not allow you to talk to a person which makes no sense so I had to call them. I researched their number and called them. Their number is 800-723-6977 if anyone needs it. Also, Healthnet.com’s website won’t allow you to check whether your payment has been received.
1. The first customer support person I talked to checked and couldn’t tell me if my payment had been received so they had to make a request to have it researched which would take 7 to 10 days. I figured this was an adequate answer so I left it alone. They were supposed to call me after the 7 to 10 days which they never did so I had to call them again.
2. The 2nd person I spoke with said my payment had been received so I thought it was taken care of. I then started receiving the automated calls saying that they hadn’t received my payment so I called them again.
3. On 5/15/2014 I called the 3rd person. That person couldn’t tell me if my payment had been received so I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor couldn’t give me any immediate information so she said she had to have it researched and apologized and gave her direct line to follow up with her. She said she would call me back. I can’t believe that a payment can’t be looked up. It amazes me that a company this size has no way of looking up payments. I have a canceled check showing that they received my payment and it has cleared my account. I again started receiving automated calls for payment after a week so I called them again.
4. The 4th person I spoke with had no information on my payment, but she did file something called a grievance on my behalf which probably means nothing. She could see in the system that I had talked to the 3rd person.
5. I never received a call from the supervisor so I called her again on 6/5/2014 and left a message.
I came back to logon to Healthcare.gov and found out that they changed my password because of the Heartbleed security risk so I tried the forget password tool which was asking me for my parent’s anniversary which I didn’t use as a question to log on the site. I ended up having to call them and they reset my password which enabled to get me on. I asked if I could change my original health care provider. They said “no, you will need to get a new provider at open enrollment next year.” Healthcare.gov did provide me with the Arizona State Department phone number to lodge a complaint. The number for Arizona is 1-800-325-2548 if anyone needs the number.
I have wasted numerous hours on this whole process. Basically I am not sending in another payment until I get this resolved. I may have to wait until next year to pick another health insurance provider because I am not allowed to change until then. This whole process has been awful and now I have no insurance and have to wait until next year. My recommendation is to never use Healthnet. They can’t even find a payment how are they supposed to insure your health. Let me know if you have run into these problems. If anyone has a way to resolve this I would love to know.